Tuesday, June 02, 2009

THE FAMILY THAT SHOOTS TOGETHER...

Is white trash together? We visited my cousins Dave, Becca and her family at her beautiful new home in Midway. After a nice Sunday dinner it was only natural to pick up a rifle and 'go shootin'. I hate to admit it, but it was actually really fun. I'm surprised we didn't pull a Dick Cheney and shoot each other, given that we are inexperienced Eastern folk.

Me and the .22 pretending to be Annie Oakley. I was pretty good, thank you Lasik surgery.


The boys spent a half hour trying to hit a milk carton off in the distance..the Mom hits it with her first shot.

Great Aunt Jennifer dispensing gifts..

And I'm fairly sure Scott's adopted...


POST SCRIPT

Just had to throw this in here..Becca's kitchen, which is nicer than my whole house. I offered to live in the kitchen (I'd do all the dishes to pay rent).

1 comment:

Camille said...

People in Blanding are always wanting to go shooting and they are amazed when I tell them I've never been. And I'm always telling them, "hello...people in MD do not just go shooting for recreation" but I don't think they believe me.