Saturday, May 16, 2009

TURNING TWENTY-SEVEN

Oh...27...edging closer to 30 and spinsterhood. I rented out my clubhouse for the evening. Thanks everyone! 'Twas a good time.


'Is this my wedding shower or bday?..love the wrapping'


Capturing the utter joy when I realized I got a deep fryer and can fry ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING under the sun. Fried snickers bars and early death here I come.

My two favorite birthday moments:

1. Phone call from my mother
Mom: I remember when you were born..it was a Sunday morning..you came out soooo easy
Me: Umm....I really didn't need to know that, I'll file that under facts I need to forget

2. Birthday dinner with the Jensens; only they forgot their wallets so I paid for everyone, classic.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the fun party! Sorry we couldn't stay longer. I'll expect a deep fried something yummy next time.

Kaakun said...

My favorite was three years ago when your mom called you... and asked to talk to me.

Megan said...

Its a shame you didn't get that earlier in your life. Think of all the deep-fried bologna you missed out on.

Gabby said...

Happy Belated!! I thought of you on Sunday if that counts for anything. Miss ya!

Rachael said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ellie! Who gave you the fryer? Sounds like a great gift. I want to try fried snickers....that sounds yummy. What about fried idaho spud bars :) just kidding.
-Rachael