
A few days ago me and a couple of friends had the crazy idea that we'd strap a stranger to our backs and hurl ourselves out of a perfectly good airplane. To all those who are thinking of skydiving..i highly recommend it!! Here's J.C. and Anthony reading over the form that says 'hope you don't die, if you do, its not our fault...suckers'.
The coolest part to me was exiting the plane. I did a nifty little back flip after getting encouragement from Dusty, my tandem-master (yes, they are called masters.. for good reason).
He was a pretty laid back guy who tried to freak me out by saying he had just got out of rehab and that this was the only job he could get.
After you jump, you accelerate a little, but then you don't feel like you're falling, its more like floating with a large industrial fan blowing in your face. It's kinda hard to breath with that force coming at you, so i just screamed the whole time. The canopy ride down was pretty amazing. After Dusty asked if i got motion sickness, he spun me around a few too many times. We landed safely on our butts. The best part was making fun of each others extremely attractive jump suits. I have a DVD of the whole thing for your viewing pleasure. In the group picture is Rachel, me, Sjell (J.C.'s fiance), Kirk, J.C., and Anthony.
Monday, August 21, 2006
HOLY CRAP...I JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE
Posted by
Ellie
at
6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
EL-LIE...I love that you blog, because I'm a blog maniac.
I miss you!!
Tell me the next time you're in the MD. Because I'm here. Ellie-less.
Whatever, I made my jumpsuit look good.
Post a Comment