Thursday, October 01, 2009

INDIANA

Earl and Marion Roberts

Sadly, my grandfather passed away after a rough couple of months. We hopped on a plane to Indiana for the services a few weeks ago.

Grandma, Dad, and his sisters at the viewing.

Here is one of the cousins (Aaron) I met for the first time. We really should have handed out those 'Hello, My Name Is' stickers...

My bros, a little peeved at me for making them squish into the back seat.

Grandpa served on a Navy destroyer in WWII, so he was buried with military honors. Taps was pretty cool...


The awesome granddaughters.

One of the things I enjoyed most about visiting Indiana all those summers were the corn fields (sans the snakes). We got some fresh corn from my grandparents' neighbor...and once you removed the worms, it was delish.

We also found time to play some competitive games...who wants a rematch of 'heaven or hell'? Bring it on.

1 comment:

Megan said...

So sorry to hear Ells. I LOVE Indiana since that awesome 24 hours I spent with your fam back in the day.