Friday, February 27, 2009

THE DATE THAT WOULD NEVER END....

Although I am very flattered when a member of the opposite sex asks me out (lets face it, it happens about every other year in correlation with a lunar eclipse), there are some guidelines I'd like to suggest. Selfishly for my sake, but also to save any future dates from getting the dubious distinction of having their own personal blog post about them.

1. A 6 hr first date is NOT ok..especially if it involves kidnapping your date across county lines.

2. Do not under any circumstance comment that your dates name is horrible and/or ugly. Even if you think it, don't say it. This basic rule: you can think it, but don't say it..applies to many situations in life.

3. For the love, make a reservation or call ahead if you are going out on a weekend. As much fun as it is waiting 90 min in a crowded, noisy, dark room with nothing on the TV but Nascar. You may think its awesome 'getting to know you time' ..but she is secretly cursing your name.

4. I know Sesame Street teaches us to keep trying, but when you try to put the moves on your date and she's not having it, give up. I'm not liable for any appendanges that may be taken off. I'm pretty sure it would hold up in court too.

5. 'What do you think about donating plasma?' is not a cool topic of conversation. Sometimes silence is golden.

Is this too much to ask?

4 comments:

Kaakun said...

I thought we agreed if I didn't ask for a 2nd date, you wouldn't publicly mention ANY of this.

hmmmm.

Gabby said...

LOL... this is fantastic!! You need to write a "dating for dummies" book.

bradget said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

:) Sorry. And I concur. I once had a similar date but we went to dinner and a play in Salt Lake and he talked about his mission literally the ENTIRE time. Listening to stories about serving the Lord while spurning your date’s advances makes for an extra uncomfortable night.

Garrett, Jen and Kids said...

He said that about your name! You have a beautiful name. Nikki happens to agree, and tells everyone that she belongs to you because her middle name is Eleanor! Hang in there :)